We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Stuffed savory crepes: the recipe for savory crepes and many ideas to fill them with taste. Tips for making savory flavored crepes.
Crepe or crepe?
Therecrepe, also known ascrepe or crepes,it is a close relative of the pancake with which it shares many ingredients. The pancake is thicker than thecrepedue to the presence of sodium bicarbonate or another chemical yeast which increases its volume.
The crepes they are very thin wafers of dough, which can be filled using the most varied sweet or savory ingredients. Today we will show you the recipe for make salty crepes and many ideas to serve the beststuffed crepes. The basic ingredients are fresh seasonal vegetables, cured meats and cheeses but for those who follow a dietVegan within the article you will find a recipe ad hoc.
How to make savory crepes
Thesavory crepesthey are prepared like sweet ones but with a small variation: adding a pinch of salt and, to grease the pan, oil is used instead of butter. In addition, those who prefer can enrich the dough ofsavory crepswith spices and aromas such as:
All the Crepes, both sweet and savory can be flavored with aromatic herbs, citrus peel or dried flower petals, an original idea to add a touch of style to your dishes. At the end of the page, I refer you to two very interesting recipes for making flavored salt.
Here's what you need to make savory crepes:
Here's what you need:
- 500 ml of milk (cow's milk, preferably skim or soy)
- 1 small egg
- 250 grams of flour
Those who want a less incisive flavor, regardless of the vegan recipe or not, can use soy milk which is undoubtedly less sweet than classic cow's milk.
How are crepes made?
- Pour the flour, milk and egg into the blender.
- Run at full speed for about 30 seconds.
- The dough for the salty crepe it's ready.
Stuffed savory crepes, provola mushrooms and parsley
The ingredients for filling 4 large crepes, as prepared in the non-stick pan indicated in the guidehow to make cracks.
- 200 grams of champignon mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons of bechamel
- 150 grams of Provola
- 1 sprig of parsley
- 1 clove of garlic, oil and salt, white wine, nutmeg
- Clean the garlic and chop finely
- Clean the mushrooms and cut them
- Pour the minced garlic into a pan with a drizzle of oil and after a couple of minutes add the mushrooms and a drop of white wine
- Let the mushrooms cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally: add water if you see them dry out too much
- After cooking, pour the mushrooms into a bowl, add the diced provolone, finely chopped parsley and a pinch of nutmeg.
- Mix well until you get a homogeneous mixture
- Pour the mixture on the crepes and close them with a handkerchief
- Place them on the greased baking sheet and cook at 180 degrees in a preheated oven for 40 minutes
Vegan stuffed savory crepes
This recipe provides a filling without animal derivatives. Crepes are also prepared in a vegan way by replacing cow's milk with soy milk.
Ingredients for the filling of four crepes:
- 200 grams of seitan
- 1 small onion
- 100 grams of soy cream
- A handful of peeled almonds
- A handful of pine nuts
- A handful of raisins
- A carrot
- Oil, salt, pepper, nutmeg
How to prepare the seitan-based filling for vegan crepes.
- Crumble the seitan and pour it into a pan with a drizzle of oil and a chopped onion
- Let it brown for 5 minutes then add the carrots cut into small pieces and season with salt
- Cook for 20 minutes, stirring often with a spoon
- After cooking, pour everything into a bowl and add the cream, raisins, pine nuts, peeled almonds and a pinch of nutmeg
- Mix the mixture well until the ingredients blend well
- Pour the mixture on the crepes and bake as above after having placed them on the pan dipped in oil
Which pan to use to make crepes?
In addition to the ingredients, for the preparation ofSweet crepesissalty, someone recommends buying onecrepe maker, that is, a kitchen accessory equipped with a non-stick electric plate.
The "electric crepes" are convenient for preparing breakfast in the garden, but at home, where you have the classic kitchen stove, the electric crepe maker is completely superfluous.
To make crepes you just need a simple non-stick pan. Indeed, if you really want to preparelarge crepesidentical to those you buy on the street, then it is better to buy a professional non-stick pan with a diameter of 28 cm.
Among the various products on the market I recommend the one I have been using for a lifetime. A non-stick die-cast aluminum pan that I use to prepare a large number of dishes and also to plate sandwiches.
For all information on the product described, I refer you to the dedicated Amazon page, where thecrepe panyou buy at a price of 25.99 euros and free shipping: 28 cm professional pan
You will notice that it exists in a single package or combined with a wooden spatula ... I recommend that you buy it in a single package (well, the spatula costs only 3.99 euros but I'm sure you will never use it! I got it but you don't need it) .
Why choose this one? Because all the others are 20 cm thick, thicker and therefore more difficult to heat up and because it offers an excellent non-stick and scratch-resistant coating ... Of course you will find another with similar characteristics at a lower price ... so be it! ;)
How to cook crepes in the non-stick pan?
Very simple: grease the non-stick pan with oil. Warning! It should be lightly greased, so put a couple of drops of oil on the bottom and spread with a brush or kitchen napkin. This procedure only needs to be done once, before starting cooking.
When the non-stick pan is just hot, pour a ladle full of liquid for the 11 '' pan.
The dough for making crepes is liquid and should be rolled out by slightly rotating the non-stick pan as soon as it is hot. In this way the liquid, touching the various points of the pan will solidify giving you back yours savory crepe giant!
Any other ideas for filling savory creps?
Excluding the cured meats, you can stuff the savory crepes with: broccoli and ricotta, spinach and cheeses, mushrooms and cheeses, aubergines and squacquerone, courgettes, peppers and tomatoes ... Here are the references I promised you to flavor the dough.
- Salt flavored with citrus
- Salt with aromatic herbs